Harsh winter weather has caused significant damage to roads and parking lots. We have received numerous requests for follow up bids from past years. If you need an evaluation of your facility, please fill out or contact form or call 800-451-1258. We can meet and help you select the most cost effective approach followed up with an E-Proposal with detailed specs and pricing.
As you know, oil prices are up again along with the cost of paving asphalt. As asphalt prices continue to rise, your pavement becomes a more valuable asset to be carefully managed as a top maintenance priority.
Last season was very busy for us with several large Paving and Rejuvenator projects. We would like to thank Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Journal for the opportunity to write two articles in April and October. We received several inquiries about Chemical Treatment of asphalt and concrete as a modern approach for a longer lasting maintenance program.
Owners and managers of large commercial properties are reviewing the overwhelming amount of empirical evidence that confirms “Chemical Rejuvenation” is designed to penetrate into the top half inch of the asphalt. Unlike sealcoats, or other surface treatments, Rejuvenator improves pavement flexibility, reduces loss of fines and significantly extends the useful life of their pavements.
ROWLES ASPHALT has successfully applied Rejuvenator to over 20 million square yards of asphalt since 1989. We are one of the largest Asphalt Maintenance Contractors using Rejuvenator as well as other modern products for paving, repairs, crack filling, drainage, line striping and traditional coal-tar and asphalt emulsion sealers.
Frequently asked questions include:
- “Where did this rejuvenator originate”? The 1970’s report, Rejuvenation of Asphalt Pavement by the U.S. Air Force Weapons Laboratory showed a marked improvement in viscosity (flexibility) of the asphalt tested. In 1976 a study by the U.S. Army Engineers Waterways Experimental Station provided performance data that three- part RT12 coal-tar based Rejuvenators prolong the life of asphalt pavements. By the late 1980’s Rejuvenator products were eligible by the FAA for Airport Improvement Program (AIP) funding.
- “When is the best time to apply Rejuvenator”? A pavement needs to cure at least a year. After that Rejuvenator should be applied before the pavement experiences significant aging, or prior to other sealcoats. Once sealcoats are used, they must wear off considerably before using Rejuvenator.
- “How is rejuvenator applied”? We use high production computerized machines capable of treating up to 30,000 sq.yds. per day with a cure time of 12 to 24 hours.
- “Will rejuvenator lower/raise friction levels?” Any sealer can lower the coefficient of friction an average of 10%. However, the pavement after treatment, will return to the pavement’s original friction value within approximately 48 hours depending on temperature and humidity.
- “How much does it cost?” Rejuvenator is competitively priced in comparison with the cost of a quality seal coat application but will last 2 to 3 times longer. This provides true value for your maintenance dollar with the added benefit of less disruption of your business, or moving your residents or tenants numerous times.